- Company: Worley
- Primary Location: ZAF-GT-Johannesburg
- Job: Service Desk
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Job Level: Experienced
- Job Posting: Jan 26, 2021
- Unposting Date: Jan 31, 2021
- Reporting Manager Title: Regional Service Desk Manager
We are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in more than 50 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
We offer engineering and project management professionals, as well those in Finance, IT, Legal, Assurance, HSE and People, the chance to make a difference in an ever-changing world.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
Reports to: Global Service Desk Manager
Location: Melrose Arch, Johannesburg
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Responsible for assuring users are provided efficient and timely first level support on a 7×24 Basis.
- Point of call escalation for L2 GSD staff.
- Catch and dispatch tickets based on type, i.e. Network, Server, data loss, application.
- Ensure accurate documentation of problem in SNOW work notes
- Perform activities, projects and tasks as requested by management
- Monitors problem management database and follows up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution of problems
- Mentoring L1 and L2 staff under the “Buddy” system.
- Assist in producing Customer Service reports and statistics from SNOW.
- Responding to technical support calls from end users of computers and software applications escalated by L1 and L2 analysts.
- Installing and configuring operating systems, anti-virus software and other applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Diagnosing and fixing network high level problems and hardware or software faults.
- Assisting with backups and retrievals of user data, in case of data loss.
- Keeping a record of issues and faults along with solutions, for future reference to training L1 and L2 staff
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills required to investigate and document problems and incidents.
- Ability to clearly communicate on phones and Skype to non-English speaking countries.
- Able to communicate learning moments to analysts L1 and L2 and train analysts on new applications and process. Testing of analyst skills.
- Experience in Windows 10, Microsoft operating systems, Cisco, Active Directory and WEB.
- 2+ Years of technical IT experience.
Special Conditions of Job:
- Required to work shifts and weekends .
- HNC, HND or degree in Computing: Technical Support or another relevant technical subject.
- IT qualification A+, N+, MCSE etc. or part IT or BSC degree.
- CompTIA A+ and Cisco would be an advantage. Network Engineering.
Apply On Worley Company Website