Wits University 2023 Applications Open
The University of the Witswatersrand, better known as Wits, produces more millionaires than any other university in Southern Africa. If you want to be a part of that statistic one day, apply now!
- Commerce, Law and Management: Accountancy, Business Sciences, Economics and Finance, Law, Wits Business School, Wits School of Governance
- Engineering and the Built Environment: Architecture and Planning, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Chemical & Metallurgical Engineering, Construction Economics & Management, Electrical & Information Engineering, Mechanical, Industrial & Aeronautical Engineering, Mining Engineering
- Health Sciences: Anatomical Sciences, Clinical Medicine, Oral Health Sciences, Pathology, Physiology, Public Health, Therapeutic Sciences
- Humanities: Wits School of Arts, Wits School of Education, Human and Community Development, Literature, Language and Media, Social Sciences
- Science: Animal, Plant and Environmental Science, Chemistry, Computer Science and Applied Mathematics, Geography, Archaeology and Environmental Sciences, Geosciences, Mathematics, Molecular and Cell Biology, Physics, Statistics and Actuarial Science
- You may apply for a maximum of three programmes (order of choice does not matter).
- If you apply for two programmes within one Faculty, you are advised to apply for one programme in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science).
- Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
- Do not enter the duration of the programme. You are applying to go into 1st year of study.
- A non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for foreign citizens, is required.
- For assistance call the Wits Student Call Centre on +27 (0) 11 717 1888.
30 June 2023 – Faculty of Health Sciences (all programmes); Bachelor of Architecture; Bachelor of Audiology, Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology; BA Film and TV
30 September 2023– All other University programmes
30 September 2023– Residence applications
- Current Matriculants: Upload your final Grade 11 results (no hardcopy required).
- Already Matriculated: Upload certified copies of all your matric certificates/foreign school leaving certificates.
- Other Tertiary Institutions: Upload a certified copy of official academic records for ALL tertiary registrations, inclusive of statement/certificate of good conduct, stamped by the institution’s registrar. (Note that interim, self-service generated results will be considered for initial assessment purposes for GEMP applicants ONLY).
How to apply: