- Company: University of the Free State
- Location: Bloemfontein, Free State
- Salary: R7 354 a month
- Job Type: Internship
- Closing date: 4 February 2021.
- Department: Human Resources
- Job ID: 3711
KINDLY TAKE NOTE: Applications may only be submitted online through the official UFS vacancy website: http://www.ufs.ac.za/templates/vacancies. Applications submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
Please ensure that all relevant documentation is attached to your application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- a detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
- certified copies (not older than 6 months) of all academic records;
- certified copies (not older than 6 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- a certified copy (not older than 6 months) of your identity document (ID);
- proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable);
- a copy of your driver’s license (if applicable).
- Capture information of staff on HR PeopleSoft System.
- Type letters to staff members.
- Handle administration with regard to medical aid schemes (applications, additions, terminations).
- Handle administration with regard to study benefits.
- Capture leave on the system and handle leave enquiries.
- Implement Human Resources policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Adhere to service level agreement with other sections of HR and with clients.
- Ensure data integrity and quality assurance of work done.
- Make travel arrangements for the shortlisted candidates and make arrangements for payment/reimbursement.
- Handle relocation administration for newly appointed staff members.
- Handle UIF documents requests and administration.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Effective communication with clients, both internal and external, on ad-hoc queries.
- Provide a professional, knowledgeable and friendly service to clients, ensuring a prompt response to queries and requests.
- Responsible for the reception area at the HR Department.
- Assist HR Business Partners, HR Process Administrators, HR Quality Assurance Officers and other HR staff members as maybe requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management / Industrial Psychology or related field on NQF level 7.
- Results Orientated:
- The ability to deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- The ability to be reliable, responsible, dependable and to fulfil obligations.
- Strategic Thinking:
- The ability to deal with several activities at a time.
- The ability to focus on details, work towards perfection, and approach work in a neat and organised manner.
- Business Acumen:
- The ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
- Proficient in using MS Office including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to learn various university systems, including PeopleSoft.
- The ability to maintain high levels of personal motivation, energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to be cooperative with others, display a good-natured attitude, and encourage people to work together.
- Building Coalitions:
- The ability to be self-assured and at ease with people in all types of social situations.
- The ability to be sensitive and understanding to the needs and feelings of others.
- Honours degree in Human Resources / Industrial Psychology or related field on NQF level 8.
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership / internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership / internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of 1 year.
- Postgraduate qualification will serve as a recommendation.
As soon as possible.
4 February 2021.
The salary is R7 353.50 per month.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 7705 /7267 /9848 /9003 or email Recruit@ufs.ac.za
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
The UFS is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Plan is available at https://ufsacza.sharepoint.com/sites/supportservices/hr/Resources/Employment%20Equity%20Plan_July2017.pdf. For this post, we seek particularly to attract black (i.e. African, Coloured and Indian) and disabled South African candidates.
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Apply On University Website