- Company: Triggerise
- Location: Johannesburg
- Contract: Fixed Term
- Job Type: Full Time
You’ve gained experience in the software development space, and want to continue working on innovative projects, whilst making an impact with your tech skills & knowledge. Read on to find out more about our Backend Engineer position!
We are a fast-growing non-profit social enterprise with offices in the Netherlands, Portugal, India, Kenya, and Ethiopia. Triggerise builds digital platforms that motivate users – primarily young women and adolescent girls – to make positive choices. We work together with local communities and use nudges like reminders, discounts and reward points to encourage our users to access and use health products and services. We also support our users in becoming entrepreneurs and adding value to their economies.
In Cape Town, some of our employees are implementing our projects from our office which is located on the scenic Waterfront, or from home offices. Triggerise’s people are young and our culture is global and dynamic. Our work environment is fast-paced, informal, and friendly
Duties & Responsibilities
Our Senior Backend developer is responsible for creating and maintains the software, in order to allow our platform to function.
- You maintain and develop new features on our software platform.
- Applying the principles of software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing and evaluation of our software.
- Working closely with team members, on development and other projects.
- Responsible for security and data protection when developing our software.
Desired Experience & Qualification
You have great, in-depth development experience using Scala and building software from the ground up.
- You have worked extensively with a number of backend tools and frameworks including Scala
- You have the required technical skills & knowledge in order to effectively program our software.
- You are a logical thinker and a natural problem solver.
Package & Remuneration
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
- A competitive salary and good secondary benefits
- A personal development budget
- Unlimited holidays, if you can make it work with your team you’re good to go
- Growth opportunities
- A product to help shape as we grow, to leave your mark on how we do things
- A vision that we trust that you will do your job without us having to invent unnecessary rules and regulations.
Interested? Click this link to apply! Want more information? Check out our website triggerise.org or contact our Global Recruiter. We only accept applications through the link hereinabove