- Company: Stellenbosch University
- Location: Stellenbosch
- Job Type: Permanent
- Contract: Full Time
- Ref. BIB/010/0121
- Working hours: Monday to Friday 08:00-16:30
- Closing date: 15 February 2021
Junior Librarian: Learning and Training
(Stellenbosch University Library)
This position is specifically suited to a dynamic person who enjoys both technology and working with people.
Working hours: Monday to Friday 08:00-16:30
- Providing client service to clients of the Learning Commons and Makerspace;
- Digital and information literacy skills training and the creation of generic e-learning programmes;
- Supporting and collaborating with Library IT regarding the maintenance and testing of equipment and new profiles for computers in the Learning Commons and e-classroom;
- Providing IT and software support to both students and staff in the Learning Commons and e-classroom with respect to the use of all electronic equipment;
- Detecting and reporting problems regarding software, printers, scanners and other IT functionalities;
- Ensuring that the computer equipment and software in the Learning Commons are functioning optimally and have a sufficient supply of consumables;
- Marketing of the Learning Commons and Makerspace services, guides, programmes and other activities;
- Maintenance and other administrative tasks as determined by the line manager.
- A diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or a Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science, or an equivalent qualification;
- At least three years’ experience working in an academic library or similar environment in a client service role by assisting clients with queries of a technical and non-technical support nature;
- Knowledge of information retrieval, database search strategies, metadata and the use of search engines;
- Knowledge of digital and information literacy and the successful delivery thereof during training sessions;
- A general knowledge of the scope and variety of both printed and electronic information sources;
- Knowledge of IT functionality and knowledge of software programs, e.g. MS Office and software used for the development of e-learning training material;
- Excellent interpersonal, liaising and marketing skills;
- Excellent communication skills.
Commencement of duties: 1 April 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter
Closing date: 15 February 2021
The University is committed to employment equity (EE), and appointments will be made in line with the EE plan for the specific environment as well as Stellenbosch University’s institutional EE Plan.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.