- Closing Date: 2021/03/15
- Reference Number: SHO210219-3
- Job Title: Chef (Checkers)
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location – Country: South Africa
Purpose of the Job
To produce items on the menu, stock replenishment, end product display.
Supervise staff. Develop and monitor food and labour budget for the department.
Maintain the highest professional food quality, sanitation and service standards.
1. Stock Management
2. Meal Preparation
3. Quality and Hygiene Control
4. Team Management
5. Administration / General
6. Customer Service
• Relevant 1 year tertiary qualification (degree/ diploma) in Catering and Food Service Management (e.g. Capsicum).
• Health & safety and food hygiene certificates
• Certificate of completion from trade school
• First Aid Qualification
• Experience as a chef
• Team Management
• Experience cooking bistro type environment
• Work scheduling
• Stock taking
Knowledge and Skills
• An understanding of produce and ingredients.
• Relevant legislation regarding food health and safety.
• Food preparation and food service management methods and techniques.
• Food values, nutrition and uses for left over food
• Health Hazards in food preparation and service and precautionary measures
• Retail knowledge
• Planning and modifying menus
Apply On Company Website