|Job Title||Sewer Pump Stations General Worker x6 (12 MONTHS FIXED TERM CONTRACT)|
|Portfolio||Bulk Water Services – Operations|
|Job Type Classification||Contract|
|Location – Country||South Africa|
|Location – Province||Gauteng|
|Location – Town / City||Glenvista|
|Location – Site||Rietvlei|
|Job Advert Summary||Cleaning of the Sewer Pump Stations and the Wastewater Treatment and Works including the maintenance of the garden. Reporting problems to the Team leader (Supervisor).|
|Minimum Requirements||• Grade 8 or Equivalent|
• Previous Sewer Pump Station experience
• Physically and Medical fit.
|Primary Duties||• Signing of the Pump Station Register.|
• Pump Station Weekly Inspection
• Sweep floors (if required) in each Pump Station Visit.
• Wash floors and Walls (if required) weekly.
• Dusting of the electrical Panels weekly
• Washing handrails weekly
• Remove all litter from site and dump in demarcated bins.
• Clean the Yard of Pump Stations (Doing of the garden e.g., cutting the grass) as and when required.
|Knowledge||• Basic understanding of Sewer Pump Stations.|
• Basic Hygiene
• Safety working procedures
|Skills||• Communication skills (listening and verbal).|
• Good housekeeping skills.
|Attitude||• General safety conscious|
• Good working relations
• Willing to work overtime and Assist shift
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, preference will be given to females and/ or people with disabilities to give effect to Rand Water’s Employment Equity objectives.