- ENQUIRIES: Prof. E Taylor (018 299 2540) or Ms M. Motsemme (018 299 4958)
- CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2021
- COMMENCEMENT OF DUTIES: 01 March 2021
- SALARY: Market Related
- TO APPLY: Please visit our website: http://www.nwu.ac.za/
JUNIOR LECTURER P002961
NORTH-WEST UNIVERSITY (POTCHEFSTROOM CAMPUS) FACULTY OF NATURAL AND AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES SCHOOL OF COMPUTER SCIENCE & EDUCATION SYSTEMS VACANCY: JUNIOR LECTURER POSITION NUMBER: P002961 PERMANENT PEROMNES NUMBER: A9 PURPOSE: The position will engage in teaching and learning, in research supervision of honours and in research and writing publications within Computer Science fields.Description
Teaching and Learning
- Teaching Computer Science modules at undergraduate and post-graduate levels.
- Mentoring project students at honours level
- Conducting scholarly research in the key areas of the School and Research centre
- Publishing in high impact journals and books
Management and administrative
- Performing academic administration and management
- Contributing towards program development and improvement
- Engaging in community projects
- Performing other duties as delegated by the line manager
ENQUIRIES: Prof. E Taylor (018 299 2540) or Ms M. Motsemme (018 299 4958)
CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2021
COMMENCEMENT OF DUTIES: 01 March 2021
SALARY: Market Related
TO APPLY: Please visit our website: [Link Disabled]
The University subscribes to and applies the principles of the Employment Equity Act and is committed to transformation.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you are not contacted within two months from the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.Profile
- Honours qualification in Computer Science and Information Systems
- Membership of the Professional IT/CS/IS societies – desirable
- 1 year teaching experience at a University level
- 1 year teaching experience in the supervision of honours student – desirable
- 1 year teaching experience in community service with subject related projects – desirable
- Proven research track record within Computer sciences field – desirable
Other competency requirements:
- Computer literacy (MS office and Groupwise)
- Ability to teach Computer Science modules at undergraduate as well as postgraduate level.
- Ability to perform administrative and management tasks
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate the school’s teaching-learning programmes
- Maintaining good interpersonal relations and a client-service orientation
- Ability to conduct independent and co-operative research within the focus areas of the School and research centre.
- Ability to assist with module / programme development
- Demonstration of language proficiency in order to function optimally (writing and verbally) in the various multilingual environments of the NWU – on all levels (students, colleagues and management).