To develop and execute seasonal merchandise strategies for a respective categories under supervision taking into account the business strategy, past sales history and current trade in order to forecast stock and sales and build a contemporary homeware to delight our customer.
- Forecasting Stock and Sales:
- Development of an accurate sales forecast, in order to determine optimal stock levels for the purpose of maximizing revenue and gross profit for the category/ies.
- Trade Optimization:
- Continuously identifying areas of opportunity and risk within the current execution of planned stock and sales forecasted and development/implementation of individual portfolio actions to correct the projection in order to maintain the forecasted sales trajectory.
- Merchandise Process:
- Preparation and presentation of meaningful proposals for relevant portfolio based on the analysis of relevant product performance data, market research, industry best practice and innovation in order to provide the customer with an assortment of quality fashionable and contemporary homeware at value pricing to drive sales and business profit.
- Reporting & Analysis:
- Extraction and analysis of reports in order to provide commentary and insight, under the supervision of Senior Planner, for use in day to day operations and Merchandise Review Processes (Window, PM, Strat) in order to further the seasonal merchandise strategy.
- Execution of various administrative items in order to ensure the efficient functioning of the Planning and function and execution of the business strategy.
- Relevant Degree or Diploma (Bachelor of Commerce (Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Retail Business Management, Economics related).
- 2-4 Years planning experience in Retail.
- 1-2 Years’ experience as a Trainee Planner.
- Knowledge/ Skills:
- Microsoft Office (Excel proficient).
- Business Acumen.
- Numerical skills.
- Retail knowledge.
- Stock Flow Management.
- Sales Forecasting.
- Planning KPIs (Key Performance Indicator).
- Global Logistics.
- Business and commercial acumen
- Relevant experience on a planning system replenishment system
- Operations (store) knowledge (grades, profiles etc).
The Mr Price Group is a high growth, omnichannel, fashion-value retailer with 7 trading divisions, namely: Mr Price; Mr Price home; Mr Price Sport; Miladys; Sheet Street, Mr Price Money & Power Fashion.
We’re movers and shakers.
We pride ourselves on our fast-moving, fast-working and collaborative culture. Our extensive market-leading retail knowledge means that our environment fosters creativity, curiosity, and a need for exploration.
We employ over 16000 incredible people, and retail in over 1000 South African based stores, almost 100 international stores, and through our online channels offering our full product assortments. Mr Price Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.