MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To achieve employee P & L, customer, profit, and sales targets and maintain restaurant operational excellence in accordance with Company policies and procedures through team management.
- Achieve Set standards within the restaurant by ensuring that all employees are focused on exceeding customer expectations for Cleanliness, Hospitality, Accuracy, Maintenance, Product and Speed of Service.
- Manage shifts in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures including directing the activities of employees in maximising sales, operating efficiency and profitability.
- Forecast and schedule labour by shift and create a deployment plan to control labour costs and still meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure that controls and procedures are implemented to protect the safety and security of employees, customers, property, and company funds.Implement restaurant training programmes for all staff to enable them to maximise performance and realise their career potential.
- Support and demonstrate Brand Cultures acting as a role model and providing leadership, as necessary.
- Manage cost controls in accordance with company policy and procedures, directing the activities of employees in meeting targets placed on controllable, maximizing sales, operating efficiency and profitability.
- Ensure that the training and development of employees is to company standards, and initiate action where necessary to ensure that all employees meet the standards of performance required.
- Strong literacy skills
- High personal standards
- Position requires working over some weekends and during festive season
- Strong commercial skills & business acumen
- Strong coaching skills that can achieve results through the team in a collaborative fashion
- Proven analytical ability
- Strong organisational skills
- Team player
- Excellent planning and time management
- Sense of urgency
- Provide support for KFC restaurants within the area, as required.
- Assist with the management of new product roll outs.
- Act as an ambassador of KFC at community/commercial events.
- Embrace and embed new systems and processes to the business where necessary
The ideal candidate will have the following background and competencies:
Min Qualification required
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
- Management experience – minimum of 2 years in a similar role; fast food industry will be an advantage
- Must be able to work shifts, public holidays and weekends due to the nature of the industry
- Reliable, honest and hardworking and MUST have contactable references
- Valid South African ID
- Must be contactable 24/7 by means of a reliable cell phone
- Own transport will be an advantage with a valid driver’s license
- No criminal record