The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Public Safety (JMPD) Department has the following short
term contract opportunities for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) months.
DEPARTMENT: Public Safety
DESIGNATION: EPWP Traffic Warden
REMUNERATION: R3 800pm (no benefits)
LOCATION: 22 Village Road, Wemmer Complex
• Grade 12 and driver’s license
• Will be trained as Traffic Warden
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To patrol an area as assigned for the enforcement of general law
and order in terms of National Road Traffic Act, CoJ By-laws.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Assist in prevention of Crime and Maintain Law and Order to ensure the Execution of
Duties based on the Batho Pele Principles.
• Enforce and execute the provisions set out National Road Traffic Act, CoJ By-laws to
ensure Public Safety Service Delivery based on the Batho Pele Principles.
• Participate in community related services to ensure public safety service delivery based
on the Batho Pele Principles.
• Assist in executing crime prevention functions to
• Act with Integrity
• Knowledge of the City’s By-Laws
• National Road Traffic
suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be considered. The
City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per National
legislation and policy guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these
Contact People: Zandile Mgambi
Tel no: (011) 490 7160
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply
by using the following link below: