Location: All Provinces
The South African Police Service hereby invites unemployed graduates who conform to the requirements for participation in a twelve (12) months’ Workplace Integrated Learning (WIL) Internship in all the Provinces.The Workplace Integrated Learning (WIL) Internship is part of the National Human Resource Development Strategy and the National Skills Development Strategy.
- Must be between ages 18 –35
- Be a South African citizen
- Must be in possession of National Senior Certificate or equivalent (NCV L4)
- Must have no previous criminal conviction(s) or case(s) pending
- Applicants must be unemployed, never employed in field of the advertised post and never participated in an internship programme relevant to the field of the post
- Applicants must be residents of the Provinces where the post is advertised
- Applicants are restricted to apply for only three (3) positions (complete separate application form for each post reference number)Intern category with minimum requirements: Graduate Intern: Tertiary Qualification is required NB: Stipend will be as determined by the Safety and Security Sector Education and Training Authority (SASSETA)
- Be in possession of NQF 6orhigher qualification of which the following subjects are compulsory:
- Criminology1, 2 and 3 / Expert in the scientific study of crime and criminals. Data Analysis course / module will be an advantage.
- Study of the crimes around the station’s precinct
- Study the causes of crime around the station’s precinct
- Study the impact / effects of crime around the area
- Analyse the data to determine why the crime was committed and find ways to:
- (i) Predict
- (ii) Detect and prevent further criminal behaviour
- Only the official application form for the Workplace Integrated Learning (WIL) Internship (available on the SAPS website) will be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly indicated on the application form.
- A Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form and*proof of residence.
- Certified copies of an applicant’s ID document, Senior Certificate and all post school educational qualifications obtained must also be submitted and attached to application. Certified copies should not be older than 3 months. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered *only certificate of qualifications will be accepted, and not a statement of results.
- All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered. The closing date for all applications is 2021-02-19.
- If an applicant is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview. Short-listed applicants may be subjected to security clearance.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful interns only. If you have not been contacted within 2 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after advertisement thereof.
- A stipend will be paid according to proof of relevant qualification.
- Recommended candidates will be expected to sign a 12 month internship contract.
- Workplace Integrated Learning (WIL) Internship in the SAPS may not be regarded as a guarantee for automatic absorption for permanent appointment.
How To Apply
Eastern Cape, South African Police Service, Human Resource Development, Private Bag x7471King William’s Town 5600,
Lt Colonel S Vosloo or SAC AM Moraba
0406087414 or 0406088441
Buffalo Street Old Griffitt Mxenge Blg Block K, Room 10
Mpumalanga, South African Police Service, Human Resource Development, No 7 Ferreira Street, Nelspruit 1200
Lt Col Nkosi
No 7 Ferreira Street, Nelspruit1200
Gauteng, South African Police Service, Human Resource Development, Private Bag X 57 Braamfontein 2017
Lt Col Malatjie
Capt MH Mabitsela
16 Empire Road, Park Town
KwaZulu-Natal, South African Police Service, Human Resource Development, P O Box 1965, Durban 4000
Lt Col N Mabhida
Lt Col N Nayager
15 Braam Fischer Road, Durban
Limpopo, South African Police ServiceHuman Resource Development, Private Bag X 94, Polokwane 0700
W/O Seroma GC
81 Biccard Street, Polokwane
Free State, South African Police ServiceHuman Resource Development, Private Bag X 20501, Bloemfontein9300
Lt Col Heilbron
C/O East Burger & Charles Street, TAB Building 3rd Floor
Northern Cape, South African Police Service, Human Resource Development, Private Bag X 5001, Kimberley 8300
Lt Col Van WykSgt Dlamini
16 Warren StreetOld Gladstone Building De Beers, Kimberley
North West, South African Police Service, Human Resource Development, Private Bag X 801Potchefstroom 2520
Lt Col Cronje
Lt Col Tapala
147 Wilmar BuildingWalter Sisulu Street, Potchefstroom(Auto Avenue c/o Embert Street next to Labour Building)
Western Cape, South African Police Service, Human Resource Development, Private Bag X 9004Cape Town8000
Customs HouseHeerengracht Street
Foreshore, Cape Town